Sunday, January 8, 2012

Never Done This Before

Something I have learned while watching other people repair and construct this past year.  At lot of times, I find the experts saying "I have never done this before."

At first I thought they were kidding but now I know that houses are just different enough that it must be true.

Recently, I went to Memaw's house and found water in the basement.  Being the driest basement in the world I knew the record year of rain was not to blame but the plumbing.  So we called Root Klean and they cleared the main drain.

Being a good plumber, they told me that they previous plumber left a mess that needed to be cleaned up. I needed a cleanout installed properly.  They told me how much it was going to cost and I of course asked if there was any way to do it cheaper.  Charlie with Root Klean drew me a picture, met me at Lowes to get the right parts, loaned me a tools and provided that one part that nobody carried on the weekend.

In about three hours I took old copper and clay and installed a new PVC cleanout to make things easier in the future.

Before and after pictures follow.




No comments:

Post a Comment